First Annual Hope Spot Youth Summit with Dr. Sylvia Earle
October 10 @ 3:00 pm - 3:40 pmFREE
Join the legendary Dr. Sylvia Earle and her sidekick, Shannon the Shark, for inspirational talk about the Florida Gulf Coast Hope Spot and protecting our waters
After a week of engaging videos, citizen science, activities and challenges for kids, tune in to our first annual Hope Spot Youth Summit! Hear from one of the most passionate and inspiring marine biologists in the world, Dr. Sylvia Earle. Learn how you can become more involved in protecting our Hope Spot. Check your knowledge with fun games and ocean-friendly prizes! Winners of the latest Hope for the Future Challenge awards will be revealed.
This Youth Summit will be interactive and fun for all ages! All participants will receive the first two issues of Seekers of Science comic ebook AND will be entered into a raffle for awesome ocean-friendly prizes! The lineup includes:
- Host Paige Konger Henry from Tarpon Springs Aquarium, Paige’s Planet and Blue-Green Connections with live animal encounters!
- Co-hosts and Youth Advocates Ryan Moralevitz from the Fishes Wishes and Enzo DeFerrari-Wilson from O.N.E (Ocean Needs Everyone) offering tips, prizes and raffles
- Dr. Sylvia Earle and Shannon the Shark discuss the importance of protecting our waters and the significance of a Hope Spot
- Trivia game and talk from Sea Smart’s founder Dr. Elaine Leung
- Dr. Tracy Fanara, a.k.a. Inspector Planet discusses what kids can do locally to protect our Hope Spot (also featured in Polar, Ice, Ice, Baby music intro)
Please be sure to participate in the First Anniversary Hope Spot Week full of free ocean activities leading up to this event. Join us for more in depth opportunities to explore each of these organizations. Learn more about what our local organizations are doing to protect our waters and participate in fun activities for great ocean-friendly prizes!
This is a free summit that is open to the public. Registration is required. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
You are invited to a Zoom webinar.
When: Oct 10, 2020 03:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Topic: Hope Spot Youth Summit Featuring Dr. Sylvia Earle
Please be sure to participate in the Hope Spot 1-Year Anniversary Week Education and Celebration leading up to this discussion!
To see more about the organizations involved, please follow the links below: