- This event has passed.
Watch Party – Fenway Hotel co-hosted by Dunedin International Film Festival
October 7, 2020 @ 4:00 pm - 9:00 pm$10 – $25
View films and videos from local organizations working toward protecting the Florida Gulf Coast Hope Spot
Join Blue-Green Connections and Dunedin Film Festival in downtown Dunedin at the Fenway Hotel Ballroom, overlooking St. Joseph’s Sound on October 7th from 4-9pm. We’ll be hosting a Watch Party of films and videos from local organizations focused on marine conservation, research and education. Watch, reflect, and discuss with like-minded individuals while enjoying exceptional food and drinks available for purchase. Submit questions to be answered during the October 10th Panel Discussion and Q&A session with Dr. Sylvia Earle, Tampa Bay Estuary Program, Florida Aquarium, Sanibel-Captiva Conservation Foundation, Blue-Green Connections and the City of Dunedin.
Purchase tickets for a single hour or make a full day of it with Full Access tickets that allows access to the full 5 hour event. Order ahead for “Dinner and a Movie.” Overview of the evening is as follows:
- 4:00-5:00 pm – Threats – View films from Youth Making Ripples, a Sarasota based organization that highlights the intersection of science and film through the eyes of our youth. View footage on threats such as algal blooms, invasive species, hurricanes, ocean warming, etc from Mote Marine Laboratory and Aquarium, Inspector Planet and Tampa Bay Regional Planning Council
- 5:00-6:00 pm – Corals and Preservation – Learn about coral breakthroughs that could have global impacts! See what one organization is doing to ensure preservation in their area. Video footage from Mote Marine Laboratory and Aquarium, The Florida Aquarium, Youth Making Ripples, Inspector Planet, and Sanibel-Captiva Conservation Foundation
- 6:00-7:00 pm – Blue Holes, Collaboration in Tampa Bay plus Live Performance by Inspector Planet – Discover the benefits of seagrasses and how the Tampa Bay Estuary Program is working to ensure a healthy bay. Learn about new research on fascinating ecological hot spots called Blue Holes, just off our shores. Video footage from Youth Making Ripples, Inspector Planet, Mote Marine Laboratory and Aquarium, and Tampa Bay Estuary Program. Includes Live Performance below!!
- 6:50 – LIVE PERFORMANCE!! – Dancing encouraged! Outdoor performance of rap song Polar Ice, Ice, Baby by Inspector Planet along with a talk on how kids of any age can become involved in science and how everyone can make a difference. Enjoy the sunset overlooking St. Joseph’s Sound. This portion of the evening is free and open to everyone! Come early or stay late to view films in the ballroom.
- 7:15-9:00 – Mission Blue – Feature Film – Full Hi-Fi menu and bar in the ballroom. Order ahead for Dinner and a Movie. Afterwards, ascend to Hi-Fi Rooftop Bar and pair your cocktail with sweeping views. Make a night of it by reserving a room with special locals rate!
In order to respect social distancing recommendations, capacity will be limited. Tickets must be purchased in advance. Prices range from $10 for one hour access to $25 for the full 5 hour watch party. Get tickets HERE